Wednesday, April 01, 2009

How Much Are the Puppies in the Panniers?


I have seen this couple on their bikes a few times on the bike path on my way home. Just as they pass by me, is when I notice the white furry heads sticking out of their panniers! Oh, cute Maltese puppies!! I always want to take a picture of them, but of course, there's no time, since they've zipped on by me. Well, yesterday as I was biking near the airport, I saw them pulled off to the side of the path, and were readjusting the straps on the panniers. They had 3 puppies in one pannier, a couple in another, and the guy had a few in his panniers also! So I stopped and whipped out my camera to take a picture or two. The dogs were whining a little bit, anxious to get going, I assume. The couple were definitely turning heads as people went by and noticed their doggies!
And, of course, it's Cherry Blossom Time again in D.C. I took this picture on my way to work. The Cherry Blossoms are so pretty - and you'd think you'd get tired of seeing them every year. But every year, the Blossoms make me stop and admire their beauty - especially when the weather is pretty outside and the blue skies are above. I took many photos, walking among their snowy branches...and just made it to work on time! But it's nice to dawdle and take time to enjoy the sights.

2 comments:

spiderleggreen said...

Very cute. I hope they aren't puppy theives.

The flowering trees remind me of when I was kid and would come home some early May day. Our crab apple tree had bloomed, during the day. Wonderful!

John Pickett said...

I have never seen the puppy people. What an odd sight, but the Mount Vernon Trail is full of unusual and interesting things. Today I noticed a new raptor nest. It could be an osprey nest. Look for it on the river side of the trail just opposite Morningside.